In one of our previous blog posts we shared about the importance of skin health and skin cancer prevention methods. Now that we are into Fall and moving quickly into Winter it is even more important to remain aware of these methods of protection. The cooler temperatures in the Southwest are often a chance to celebrate the reduction in the heat outdoors. However, cooler temperatures are not the same as the Sun being any less harmful to our skin. It is essential to maintain good skin care practices especially when our skin dries out more with the cooler weather.
We will share with our clients the top 5 sunscreen products on the market that provide both the needed protection from the UV rays from the Sun and moisturize your skin without being too oily. The Top 5 Ranked Sunscreens of 2012 come from EWG, Environmental Working Group, a non-profit started in 1993. This group brings forward research and information to consumers as a teaching guide for public health and wellness.
TOP 5 Ranked Sunscreen Protective Lotions:
1. Company: ALBA BOTANICA
- Product: Hawaiian Sunscreen Revitalizing Green Tea Broad-Spectrum SPF 45
- Recommendations: Highly recommended by the Skin Care Foundation
2. Company: COPPERTONE
- Product: Sensitive Skin SPF 50
- Recommendations: This product is recommended by dermatologists due to it being fragrance free and non-oily.
3. Company: JASON Natural Cosmetics
- Product: Sport Natural Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 45
- Recommendations: This product makes use of Acai Extract to help protect the skin from free radicals while protecting against the UV light from the Sun.
4. Company: KISS MY FACE
- Product: Oat Protein Sunscreen SPF 30
- Recommendations: This product is great for protecting you from the Sun while helping to fight signs of aging. Oat Protein has been shown to reduce burn cells by 80%.
5. Company: AVEENO
- Product: Continuous Protection Sunblock SPF 55
- Recommendations: This product contains Vitamin E as an anti-oxidant property.
Each of these products range in the same price range as well. The products listed can all be found both on-line and at your local grocery store. They all do a good job of protecting the skin and at the same time have healing attributes for moisture protection and hydration to reduce signs of aging. Because many of us love to be outdoors enjoying the many benefits of the Sun’s rays, it is necessary to also protect our skin.