Pre-Instructions for Photofractional treatments
- Patients should bring a large hat to provide shade immediately after treatment.
- Patients are recommended to not drive after treatment.
- Patients should plan for a 10 day downtime.
- Smokers should be instructed to decrease smoking as much and as long as possible before and after procedure to minimize the risk of delayed or impaired wound healing.
- At the discretion of the physician, patients with Types III-VI skin may be prescribed topical tyrosinase inhibitors, or an equivalent depigmenting agent to prepare the skin.
- Once the appropriate laser candidate is selected, documentation in the form of written, informed consent is essential as well as photo documentation.
Questions & Answers
Do you have a question about your upcoming appointment or about this procedure? You can post in the section below and our patient educators will respond.