Part 3 - Dermafiller Patient Resources
This page contains educational resources specific to the fillers and their uses. This page is not meant to diagnose or recommend. If you have any questions, please contact us at one our facilities.
Hyaluronic filler Indications & Contraindications
- Lip augmentation
- Nasolabial folds
- Rhytids at the corners of the mouth
- Marionette lines
- Volume replacement
- Facial shaping
- Persistent lumping
- Product sensitivity
- Breast augmentation
- Implantation into bone, tendons, ligaments, and muscle
- Acute or chronic skin disease in the area of injection
- Abnormal clotting times
Nasolabial Folds Techniques
Patients will start off in an upright position before treating for nasolabial folds. The best results for nasolabial folds will come from using a serial puncture injection technique. Observe the nasolabial fold line and find the most distal end of the line. This is where the health professional will begin to inject. The health professional will inject a wheal of gel, withdraw the syringe, and proceed to massage the wheal. This process is repeated along the nasolabial fold lines.
Treatment tips for health professionals
- If the cheek is already full from filler, then inject slightly medial to ensure that the cheek does not get fuller.
- If the corner of the nose has a dark shadow, then inject more material, but be careful to massage.
- If the depth of the line is corrected, but a finer line remains, then layer the remaining treatment.
- If dimples are present, then these areas typically cannot be corrected. Lumps may be more prevalent if continued treatment.
- If the line does not go away after layering, then the line maybe too deep or the tissue has too much laxity. Additional filler may be needed to achieve good results.
- If the are has apparent telangiectasia after the treatment, then it is likely that the telangiectasia was already present. An IPL treatment may help to clear it up.
- If wrinkles remain without noticeable improvement, then the patient may need a facelift. Dermafillers will not substitute for a facelift.