Advanced M22: IPL Laser: Post Treatment Instructions
This page contains post-treatment details specific to the M22 laser available at Peach Skin Clinic. This page is not meant to diagnose or recommend. If you have any questions, please contact us at one our facilities.
Post Treatment Instructions for Advanced IPL Treatments
- General Cold (not frozen) packs should be applied immediately after treatment, to cool the treatment site, reduce swelling and ease discomfort. Chemical cold packs are not recommended, if their temperature is below 4°C. In most cases the low energy, low risk nature of IPL skin treatments make it safe to resume virtually all regular activities.
- Patients should use high factor (30–50 SPF) sun block and protect the treated area from exposure to sunlight for at least one month following treatment. Tanning after treatment sessions may enhance melanin regeneration, which may result in hyperpigmentation.
- Care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated area for the first four or five days following treatment: no hot bath, no aerobic exercise, massage, etc.
- Patients may apply makeup immediately after treatment. However, we advise patients to notify us, and to stop wearing makeup, if there is any reaction. The skin may be sensitive during this period, and removing makeup, especially if it is difficult to remove, may damage the skin and predispose the site to infection.
- In case of broken or damaged skin, we recommend to keep the treated area covered with a dressing, to reduce the risk of trauma and infection during the first four or five days following treatment. If the treatment site is exposed to dirt, it should be covered with a dressing for ten days. Patients are advised not to participate in rough sports or similar activities for several days following treatment, until the skin returns to its normal condition.
- Patients should return no sooner than 2-3 weeks after treatment, for examination of the treatment site and for additional treatment, if necessary.
- If there are any adverse effects please contact us.